- Information collection
- What we collect and why
- How we use your personal information
- Unsubscribing from our marketing communication
- Subscribing for third party marketing communications
- When we share your personal information
- Security and data retention
- Identity Fraud
- Data over the internet
- User Generated Content
- Further information
We know that by choosing to shop with us, you've placed a great deal of trust in us. We also understand that you want the personal information you give us to be kept private as well as secure. To reassure you that we feel the same way, here's how we will and, more importantly, will not use the personal information you give us.
By entering your personal information in our web site you accept that we may retain your information and it may be held by companies within the Ocado Group or by any third party company that processes it on our behalf.
What we collect and why
The information we gather from customers helps us to continually improve the service we offer to our customers.
When you shop with us, there are different ways we gather information about you:
When you register with us, we ask for information such as your name, e-mail address, delivery address, contact details and, if you place an order, your credit card details. We keep a record of this information. All this is necessary for us to recognise you as a registered customer and to fulfil the orders you place with us. Storing this information means you do not need to re-enter these details each time you shop.
We keep a record of your purchases with us, which means we can create lists of your favourite items to make your shopping experience quicker and more convenient. It also means we can deal a lot quicker with any problems you may experience with your order. We keep a record of any e-mail correspondence you send us. This helps us keep track of your likes and dislikes and any problems or concerns you've had with our products or services. Telephone calls made to our customer services team may be recorded for monitoring and quality control purposes.
How we use your personal information
All the information we collect via our website or through correspondence with you is used by members of the Ocado Group to operate and improve the service we offer you. We are committed to using your personal information only for:
Dealing with orders and accounts for the supply of our goods and services.
Monitoring and improving any of our web sites and our services.
Planning and managing our business activities, including analysing customers' shopping habits and preferences.
Enabling third parties to carry out technical, logistical or other functions on our behalf.
Conducting market research including statistical analysis of customer behaviour that we may disclose to third parties in depersonalised, aggregated form.
Providing you with information about the products and services we offer.
Providing you with periodic communications (this may be by post, telephone, SMS, email or as part of your delivery) about features, products, services, events, promotions and special offers. Such communications might include advertising for or offers from third parties (which we will pass on, on our partner's behalf. We will never pass your information outside of the Ocado Group for marketing purposes).
Assessing your request for delivery of products from us where we may make enquiries about you including searching your records held by organisations like Experian and Equifax and credit reference agencies. We may also check your details held by the IMRG Security Alert scheme and other fraud prevention schemes.
Enabling our debt collection agency to collect payment from you should that be necessary.
Preventing and detecting fraud or abuses of our website.
Allowing us to comply with any requirements imposed on us by law or court order.
Sharing with other businesses operated by Speciality Stores Limited for the purpose of enabling those businesses to send you information where you have told us that you would like to receive such information.
By opening an account with us you agree to us collecting and using your information in this way.
Unsubscribing from our marketing communication
You may opt out of receiving our marketing communications from Fabled when you open your account or any time after that by going to Account Settings/Marketing Communications and un-ticking the appropriate boxes.
Subscribing for third party marketing communications
You may opt in to receiving marketing communications from third party partners of Fabled by ticking the relevant box when you open your account or any time after that by going to Account Settings/Marketing Communications and ticking the appropriate box.
When we share your personal information
Information about our customers is an important part of our business and we do not sell or rent your information to anyone else to enable them to send you direct marketing unless you agree otherwise. However, there are circumstances where it is necessary for us to share personal information in order for us to provide our customers with our superior delivery service. At all times where we use or disclose your information it will remain secure.
The circumstances where we may share some of your information with others are described below:
A. Third party service providers
We employ other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf. For example we engage companies to analyse customer information, provide marketing assistance, process credit card payments. We also engage agents including credit reference agencies, fraud prevention and detection agencies and debt collection agencies that we use to process the orders you place with us or who assist us in the service we provide to you. In these instances, we provide them with only the information they need to perform their function.
B. Promotional offers
Sometimes we send offers to selected groups of customers on behalf of other businesses. We will not permit other businesses to contact our customers directly and all such promotional offers will come via us. If you wish to withdraw your consent from receiving these communications you can do so by logging onto your account and amending your communication settings online.
C. Business transfer
D. Research companies
To outside research companies whom we may ask to contact you directly for your opinions on our products and services (in which case we provide them with only the information they need to perform their function).
We release account and other personal information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, to enforce our Terms and Conditions and other agreements or protect ours, our customers or others rights, property or safety.
F. With your consent
Other than as set out above you will receive notice when information about you may be sent to a third party and you will have an opportunity to choose not to share the information.
Security and data retention
Security is very important to Fabled and we use sophisticated technology to ensure that your information is protected at all times. Secure Socket Layer ("SSL") encryption technology is used for protection of information in transit for any sensitive transactions such as payments. Additional security procedures are in place to protect the confidentiality and integrity of your information.
We reveal only the last four digits of your credit card number when confirming an order. We also display the last four digits of your credit card, the expiry date and card type on your receipt. Of course we transmit the entire credit card number to the appropriate credit card company during the order processing.
We maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards in connection with the collection, storage and disclosure of personally identifiable customer information. Our security procedures mean that we may occasionally request proof of identity before we disclose personal information to you.
It is important for you to protect against unauthorised access to your password and to your computer. Be sure to sign off when using a shared computer.
Fraudsters create authentic looking, but false or "spoof" websites. Their purpose is to tempt users to enter personal information to be re-used to try and access your bank accounts. Fraudsters are increasingly turning to email to generate traffic to these websites. Such emails typically contain a link to a spoof website and advise account holders to enter user names and passwords so that security details can be updated or passwords changed.
If you get any email containing an embedded link and a request for you to enter any personal details, treat it as suspicious and do not input any personal information, even if the page appears legitimate. No reputable company ever sends emails of this type.
Data over the internet
The internet is a global network - therefore there are cases where your data travels internationally, which may include places outside the European Union. We want you to know that if you visit or shop with Fabled, you're agreeing and authorising us to process data this way.
You may change your personal information retained by Fabled at any time by accessing your user profile on the Fabled web site.
User Generated Content
1. From time to time the team at Fabled select user generated content (“Content”) which showcases the Fabled brand or products. This Content is created by customers (“Contributors”) and shared on social media via Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube and/or Snapchat.
2. Content will be selected by Speciality Stores Limited or one of its affiliated companies (together the “Company”).
3. This selected Content may then be re-used via Fabled’s social media channels including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, Snapchat or directly via its website: www.fabled.com
4. Contributors must be aged 18 or over.
5. No purchase is necessary.
6. Any Content selections are at the sole discretion of the Company and the Company is under no obligation to use the Content having sought the Contributors approval.
7. By agreeing to the sharing of the Content, you as the Contributor warrant that the Content is your own creation and does not infringe the rights of any third party.
8. The Company hereby agree to use the Content only in accordance with these terms and conditions.
9. Upon Content selection, the Company will contact the Contributor via Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube or Snapchat, as appropriate, and ask for his/her consent to use the Content on its own social media channels or via its website. The Contributor will be asked to reply with a word or phrase and sent a link to these terms and conditions.
10. A response with the requested word or phrase by the Contributor is required before the Company will use the Content. By responding with the requested word or phrase the Contributor is warranting they have read and accept these terms and conditions.
11. By releasing the Content to the Company, the Contributors social media username and/or profile picture may appear alongside the Content on these channels.
12. The Company reserves the right not to use, or to remove, the Content at any time.
13. If the Contributor no longer wants their Content to feature on the Company’s social media platform or website, it will contact the Company, who will remove this Content within a reasonable time period.
14. By agreeing to the Company using the Content, the Contributor grants the Company for no payment in return or any other form or reward, a worldwide, non-exclusive, transferable, royalty free, irrevocable licence to use the Content via their social media channels and www.fabled.com.
15. The Licence granted shall only be used by the Company as described under these terms and conditions.
16. The Contributor warrants that he/she has all rights necessary to grant these licences and that the Content complies with all applicable laws, rules and regulations and does not infringe or otherwise violate the copyright, trademark, trade secret, privacy or other intellectual property or other rights of any third party. If the Contributor becomes aware of any reason the Content may be infringing the rights of any third party or breaching any applicable law or regulation, the Contributor will contact the Company informing them of such as soon as reasonably practicable.
17. The Contributor understands the Content will be accessible to third parties via social media channels and the Fabled website and waives all moral rights and any other rights with respect to the attribution of authorship or integrity of materials regarding the Content.
18.The Company may remove, or make editorial revisions to, any of the Content at any time without notice or approval from the Contributor.
19. The Company and its agents will only use any personal information supplied by the Contributor for the purposes of re-using the Content.
20. To the extent permitted by law, the Company accepts no liability for any damage, loss or injury suffered as part of this sharing of Content.
21. By consenting to the Contents use, the Contributor accepts these terms and conditions and those of Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube or Snapchat as applicable.
22. These terms and conditions and any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with it or its subject matter or formation shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the law of England and Wales.
Welwyn Garden City
Herts AL7 1HH